Practice, Practice, Practice! When it comes to building basic math skills most teachers will agree that kids need a lot of practice. The app for iPad and Apple TV creates an interactive learning environment where student’s get to practice basic math skills. One of four skills can be selected: addition, subtraction, multiplication or division. Within each skill there are five levels of difficulty.
The goal is to get 10 problems correct for each skill and for each level.
To begin the student selects a skill and then a marker to move along the trail. Sound effects and positive auditory feedback encourages the students to do their best.
• Single-Digit Addition
• Adding Multiples of 10
• Addition – Two-Digit
• Addition – Three-Digit Plus Two-Digit
• Make a 10 Addition Practice
• Single-Digit Subtraction
• Subtracting 10
• Subtraction – Two-Digit Subtraction (No Regrouping)
• Subtraction -Two-Digit (with Regrouping)
•Three-Digit Minus a Two-Digit Number
• Multiplication Facts (0-9)
• Multiplication Facts (5-12)
• Multiplication by 10 or 100
• Multiplication – Two-Digit
• Multiplication – Three-Digit by One-Digit
• Division Facts (0-9)
• Division Facts (5-12)
• Division by 10 or 100
• Division -Two-Digit by Single-Digit
• Division – Three-Digit by Single-Digit
I hope teachers will enjoy using Pete the Penguin’s Math Game with their students. Teachers should let me know if they are interested in evaluating this app for use at their school. I have a limited number of download codes for FREE evaluation copies of this app. I hope that elementary students enjoy practicing basic math skills with this app and that this colorful interactive app will help them in their journey to become great problem solvers.